Academy Advisory Council
Each AAC consists of a group of people who could be parents, community nominees, Academy staff and with a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 11 people. They will meet with the Executive Principal and senior leaders.
In attendance at these meetings will be Link Trustees and a member of the Trust Leadership Team. This allows the voice of our local stakeholders to be heard first hand by the Board of Trustees.
The current AAC members are:
Vicky Simcock - Executive Principal
Mark Clempson - Principal
Karen Smith - Chair/Parent
Lynne Codd - Secretary
Alison Warner - Brigantia Trustee
Nicola Smith - Parent
Beronica Clay - Parent
Rebecca Addy - Parent
Gaynor Wolstenholme - Yewlands staff
Simon Winslow - Director of Education
David Preston - Community member
The Academy Advisory Council
Each AAC consists of a group of people who could be parents, community nominees, Academy staff and, with a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 11 people. They will meet with the Academy Principal and the Associate Principal where appropriate. In attendance at these meetings will be Link Trustees and a member of the Trust Leadership Team. This is to ensure that the voice of the local stake holders is heard first-hand by the Board of Trustees. The Chair of the Trust and the Chief Executive Officer will attend at least one Academy Advisory Council meeting per year.
The Brigantia Learning Trust Board has established five key roles for Academy Advisory Councils:
To advise/act as a critical friend to the Principal of the Academy;
- To advise the Trustees about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy;
- Represent the interest of the Academy community in the running of the Academy;
- Represent the Academy in its community;
- Provide support to the Principal in undertaking appropriate day to day procedures that are essential to the life of the Academy.
The five roles translate specifically into the following tasks that the AAC undertakes:
It acts as a key link between the Academy, parents and local community;
- It supports the work of the Academy in the community;
- It supports the Principal and Academy Leadership Team in the development and implementation of the Academy Development Plan and other relevant plans, ensuring that the Brigantia Learning Trust ethos remains at the heart of the Academy community;
- It helps on the ground with the implementation of certain Academy policies;
- It offers challenging but positive and proactive support to the Principal;
- It regularly discusses the Academy’s performance in relation to the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
For more information about the role of the AAC please contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.